Friday, March 10, 2006

Increase your vocabulary using Yahoo My Web


Yahoo has introduced a new service called My Web 2.0. It allows you to save webpages you like. You can also add "tags" -- like the ones in other services like Flickr. Tags are labels/keywords you assign to a page so that you can retrieve/search them later. In some sense, it is a beefed up bookmark management tool. The main novelty is the social nature where you can share your myweb with others. And you can add privacy to restrict who can access your pages.

I found a cool application.. that is when I am reading online and I find an interesting word, I save it in my web pages. I put in a tag "wordlist". When I visit my web later, after a few days, it helps me refresh my mind of the new words. Many a times, this lack of refreshing the word, is the reason you forget its usage. I hope to add more and actually now when I read some quality material, I look for interesting new words! ;) Once I find it, I save a link of its definition from dictionary.com into myweb under tag "wordlist".

Currently the service is still in beta and they don't have a facility to directly see someone's tags (at least I couldn't find it). You should do a search to find it. My id is kar1107; you can take a look. Go to myweb2.search.yahoo.com Click on 'All tags' and enter 'wordlist'. You should be able to find a list of pages and you can find the ones with 'kar1107' and that is mine. This link seems to work now and does point to kar1107; but it may change later if Yahoo updates the links.

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Anbae said...

Karthick, this s very cool post an the info u presented here is more interesting and knowledfull. Hope i ll make use of it.. thnakx u. Expecting many like this from u to build myself gud in english..hehehe

thnakx u, karthick.. hope i'll link u to mines in short.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Anbae said...

hai karthick.. hw r u? r u busy with ur works.. ? when s the next post..? really waiting for thaat..!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Karthik Gurusamy said...

hey anbae..

Yes i should add something..been a while.. I was lazy ;) hope to add some post soon.

Karthik

 

Post a Comment

<< Home